Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Faith of a Child

Today at church, Grayson learned that God listens...he heard about the story of Hannah in 1 Samuel, when she prayed for a child and God heard her. His teacher told him that God is in heaven, but he is also all around us, and is listening to every word we pray. So, tonight, we were talking about that.

Grayson said, "God's at church."

And I said, "Yes, God is at church, but he is also here at home."

Grayson looked around and said, "I no see him."

I said, "We can't see him, but we know he's here."

After looking around several more times and assuring me that he didn't see God so he must not be here, and me assuring him that he was here even though we couldn't see him, Grayson said, "It's too hard."

I said, "Yes, baby, it is hard."

Seeing as we, as adults, still struggle with this, it's understandable to see how a 2year old might have trouble. But it brings such joy to our hearts to watch him try.

Lord, give this precious little boy a heart to know and love you despite all the unexplainable questions!

"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them. Mark 10:14-16

1 comment:

Elaine P said...

Oh how sweet it is to know that he is seeking! I cannot wait until the day that He can truly understand and he invites the Lord into his precious, loving heart.