Thursday, August 22, 2013

You are Two!

My gorgeous girl...you are two years old today! I can't believe it!

Before your big brother came along, I dreamed of a house full of girls. But, God had different plans for our family and your brothers have captured my heart in ways I never could have imagined. But, no doubt, that desire for a daughter never went away. After a year and a half of trying to get pregnant with you, I remember feeling so overwhelmed by God's faithfulness when I heard those words, "It's a girl!" I felt like he had wrapped up the best birthday present ever and handed it to me with a big, beautiful, perfect, pink bow! You were so worth the wait! And although your Daddy probably reacted similarly to the idea of having a baby girl as I did to the idea of having a baby boy, you certainly have him wrapped around your little finger now. You just light up every day when he walks in the door and he treasures your sweet hugs and kisses, although you don't give them too freely (Miss Independent).

You are a joy in our home! You have so much personality, more than what we know what to do with sometimes :) You love to read books, do puzzles, sing songs and play with your big brother! You have amazed us with your God-given abilities (he knows we certainly had nothing to do with it). You sing complete songs after hearing them only a few times. You love to sing the ABC's, Jesus Loves Me, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Mary Had a Little Lamb. You shocked us when you started counting at 19 months and knew all your shapes and colors before your second birthday. I guess we should have known when you said your first sentence at 12 months.

You adore your big brother and can certainly hold your own or at least scream at the top of your lungs when he's being a punk :) You are so sweet with your baby brother and are so "helpful" to shove a pacifier in his mouth when he begins crying. You don't leave bows or shoes on, which is why you have your disheveled hair in your face at all times. And rarely are you looking at the camera in pictures because you are constantly moving. You are sweet, ornery and precious. I certainly don't think you'll get lost as the middle child. You are a mess, our mess, and we adore you!

I pray as you grow that you would know how loved you are by both God and us! I pray that he would give you a heart to know, love and follow him all the days of your life. I pray that you would always know that you are beautiful because you are fearfully and wonderfully made by him. I pray that you grow up to have a spirit of gentleness and humility which serves as your underlying strength beneath the crazy, outgoing personality I expect you will have (if two is an indication of things to come.) I pray most of all that you love Jesus more than anything in this whole world!

Camdyn McLaine, you are a gift from God and we are so thankful for you!(Matt. 7:11)

1 comment:

The Roberts' said...

So sweet! You are a wonderful mom. :)