Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Almost Houstonians


Bye House! :( "Where'd it go?"

Our Wonderful Life Group

My San Antonio Girls


Calvin Hargrove



I don't know that we're "official" Houstonians yet. We own a home here, but we're not yet living in it. But the hotel we're staying at is in Houston. Does that count? Either way, we'll be official come Friday...only two days to go!

I know I personally don't always recognize God's hand in my life, but it has been so evident in this move. We prayed specifically that our house in San Antonio would get a contract on it in a time period of two days and we had our first showing on day two and the very same people put a contract on it in on day three. Considering we had so many..."This is a bad time of year to sell a house," "Good luck in this market," "you've only lived in it for a year," and "You will definitely lose money," comments, it was all a huge confirmation that this is God's plan for us when it all happened so easily. We were able to find a house that we love in Houston in one weekend with hardly any negotiation required. When I showed my mom pics of our new house to be, she asked, "Well, my Gosh, did you even special order the paint colors in your prayer?" Even the packers who came to our house were believers and prayed over me as they were leaving. It was so cool! As crazy and stressful as the whole process has been, God has really provided for us every step of the way.

In the last few weeks since I've had a chance to blog, lots of note worthy things have taken place. First, we got to meet Calvin Hargrove, Luke and Steph's little boy, who is PRECIOUS! If you read their blog, you of course already know about our visit since Luke blogs about 100 entries in the time I do one....seriously, Luke, it's a little out of hand. And that's the reason for the whole "Luke is the best person in the world" blog entry because he is a computer hacker and stole my identity.

Our wonderful San Antonio friends threw us a good-bye party and I pretty much sobbed all through church on Sunday having to say good-bye to them. What, me, emotional? Shocking I know.

We also said good-bye to our first house :( We took Gray to say bye after it was all empty. At first, he seemed concerned that his toys were not there, but then he was just excited to have all the room to play and started running around in circles.
Click to play this Smilebox invite: Bye San Antonio House
Create your own invite - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize your own invite


Here are some pics of the new house. This is not our stuff, but since it may be a little bit before the house is set up (knowing us only a couple days) I'm posting pics of the house with the seller's stuff :) That way, if someone finds something they want to steal, they won't know where to go to steal it because it's not ours!





2 comments:

Miranda said...

What up H-TOWN!!!!!!!!!

The Mosiers said...

Love the new house!! Hope all went smoothly and you are adjusting well in Houston. We'll have to visit next time we're in the area visiting family.