Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Mom

Hi wonderful friends:

Thank you for the sweet texts, voicemails, emails, ect and most importantly prayers. I appreciate each one, I just haven't had time to respond to them.

Basically, on Tuesday my Mom went into the hospital with what we thought was dehydration from a bad stomach bug. Then penmonia was discovered and then heart issues. Now they speculate that she may have even had a heart attack which manifested itself as stomach issues (common in women apparantly). Friday night she was moved to the ICU because she was basically headed towards septic shock, with her kidneys starting to fail, acid in the blood, unable to get her blood pressure up, ect. ect ect. In the opinion of my sister and me and some of the nurses, a pulminary doctor should have been brought in much sooner than he was and she should have been tranfered to ICU sooner than she was.

But, thanks to the LORD and your prayers, she has had 100% improvement in the last day and a half. Basically, all of the issues she was experiencing are gone and all of those things I listed are back to normal. Praise God! The doctors kept us in the dark enough that we didn't even realize the severity of the situation until they already had it under control, which I don't know if that's good or bad, but that's what happened.

It is a possibility that she may be released out of ICU as early as tomorrow. We don't know if that's good or bad because she wasn't necessarily recieiving proper care when she was on the general care floor. At one point her blood sugar even dropoped to 15, which is just neglegence in my opinion, but I'll save my soap box about the health care industry for another time :) I thank God for my wonderful friends in the medical field that I know are making a positive difference in the lives or their patients every day!!! There are not enough of you out there!

Anyway, I'll send updates as things progress. Please keep up the prayers and THANK YOU!

Haley

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haley so sorry to hear about your mother. I will keep her in my prayers.
Diane Fields(carrie williams mom)