Wednesday, December 22, 2010

He Keeps Us Entertained

My sister and brother-in-law have had Gray for the past 5 days while we took part in our dear friend Amy's wedding festivities and finished last minute Christmas preparations. We of course missed him, but enjoyed our time alone! And he was too busy keeping my family entertained to miss us!

Whit and my Mom were out to dinner the other night with Gray when he asked for an onion off of one of their plates. My Mom says, "No night night kisses for Gam-Ma if you eat that onion." Grayson thought intently about that for a minute before he attacked my Mom with what he called "Messy Kisses" rubbing his bar-b-que/cheeto stained face all over her!

How's that for no night-night kisses Gam-Ma?

Whit and David were in the drive-thru at Taco Bell yesterday with Grayson and after every food item my bro-in-law ordered, Gray yells from the back seat (not in anger, just in general disagreement), "No....no....no....no....no....no...." And as the lady lists the order back over the intercom, he yells matter of factly, "Yes.... yes....yes....yes....yes...." So my sister turns and asks, "Grayson, is there something you would like?"

Grayson: "Chuck-E-Cheese!"

Since he has only been there twice ever, and not in the last six months, we have no idea what triggered the sudden desire for Chuck-E-Cheese, but he quickly agreed to settle for mac-n-cheese instead.

We finally got our son back last night. As we walked in the door, he ran to Brad, and my sister says, "Grayson, look who else is here (pointing to me)!"

Grayson: "TAG!!!" (Our dog)

I see where I rank in this family! Whatever!

Last night, Brad and I are reading our Christmas family Bible verse with Grayson and he is adding one more star to his "Nativity Count-Down Craft." Brad says, "Look buddy, you only have a couple more stars to put on before Christmas." I said, "Grayson, whose birthday is on Christmas?"

Grayson: "Jesus Cake!"

We are wondering if he thinks Cake is Jesus' last name???

No comments: