Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Toddler Quirkiness

Most things that Grayson does, I usually write off as "normal" toddler quirkiness. Like only wanting to wear a certain pair of shoes or a certain outfit, sleeping with a certain blanket or stuffed animal, only coloring with a certain color crayon...the list could go on.

But lately, he has displayed what I call an aversion to ponytails :) Yes, ponytails! If I'm wearing my hair down and then I go to put it up in a ponytail, he quickly runs over and pulls down my hands and says, "No, Mommy, no." Or even if I walk out of that bathroom with my hair already in a ponytail, he runs to try and take it out. At first I thought maybe it was just me, but he recenlty did it to his Aunt Elaine too. Sometimes, I take it down and say, "Oh, does Mommy's hair look prettier down?" and he replies "no" and walks off. So, I can only assume that maybe it just doesn't look AS bad down as it does up!

1 comment:

Uncle Larry said...

A simple solution; quite putting your hair in a ponyptail. Words of wisdom from Uncle Larry!