Monday, April 4, 2011

Majority Wins…

Baby Smith is a GIRL!!! 

Congrats to the 63% who voted girl (including Grayson and me).  And I think most everyone who admitted what they voted or told me what they thought picked girl.  And most people said they picked girl because Grayson did, which is pretty funny.  I guess our son really does have the gift of prophesy!

It’s funny, even though that’s what I voted and even though that’s how I felt my whole first trimester, I still expected to go in and hear boy.  For whatever reason, I’ve always had in my head that I would have all one gender or the other, either a house full of girls or a house full of boys.  I just never really considered the possibility of having both (what a crazy concept!).  And while I LOVE having a boy, I know there was always a tiny part of me hoping to have a girl at some point and scared that I might be the slightest bit disappointed if we found out we were having another boy (even though I hated to admit that I might feel that way and knew I would love to have another boy).  After all, we waited and prayed and begged for this pregnancy, so how could I possibly hope for anything but a healthy/on-time child.  So, when I heard the word “girl” today, I was shocked.  And I started crying before repeating at least ten times, “We’re having a girl?!”  Before the lab tech told us what she was, she asked me if I thought we were having a girl because I kept calling the baby a “she” (which I didn’t even realize I was doing).

When we told Grayson that he was having a little sister, he didn’t seem to shocked.  I guess he thought, “Duh, that’s what I’ve been telling you people!”  When we showed him the sonogram photos, he asked where the baby’s teeth were.

Needless to say we are rejoicing over this perfect, healthy little baby girl!  Let the planning begin!

Also, thank you to all of you who left comments, sent texts, called and prayed over the progesterone issue.  The FDA stepped in on Thursday of last week and ok’d pharmacies to make a cheaper version of the injections and I received my first of 16 today! (http://health.usnews.com/health-news/managing-your-healthcare/articles/2011/03/31/health-highlights-march-31-2011)

P.S.  They are by far the most painful shots I’ve ever had in my life!

2 comments:

almudena said...

woohooooooo!! congratulations smiths!!! grayson is going to LOVE having a little sister. i'm so happy for you guys! girls are AWESOME!

The Haley Smith said...

Thanks friend! You can send us all your tips on how to raise sweet little girls!