Monday, December 14, 2009

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Christmas time has always been one of my favorite times of the year, as I am sure it is for most people. Although I am a big "no Christmas stuff until after Thanksgiving" nazi, when the day after Thanksgiving arrives, it's all about Christmas. I love Christmas trees, lights, cards, music....the list goes on. But one of my favorite things is that I usually get to reconnect with friends that sometimes I haven't talked to in a year. It all starts with the "What's your address?" emails or texts when I'm working on Christmas cards.

P.S. If you get a Christmas card, please forgive the 1900s virgin Mary stamps as they were the only ones left at H-E-B. We haven't converted to Renassance Catholisism in case you're wondering :)

This is also our first year with a full size Christmas tree. Because we never wanted to deal with storing one in an apartment, we've always had our 3 and a half foot Charlie Brown Christmas tree until this year. We even put out outside lights for the first time (as this is the first year we actually had a house to put them on), and by we I mean Brad, which was no easy task since our roof is very steep. It is totally worth it though (at least to me since I didn't do any work on those :) every time we drive up to the house and see them and when we look back and see Grayson's eyes light up as we pull in and out of the garage.

I took Grayson to the library today with his two girlfriends, Isabella and Megan, (since none of our friends have boys) for a toddler story time. They sang Christmas carols and read Christmas books. At first, he had this look on his face like, "what is up with these crazy people?" but by the end he was dancing and clapping along. He is talking all day long now and asking me lots of questions, not that I understand them except for a few words here and there, but he still looks at me as though he's expecting an answer. Sometimes I fear what I am answering yes and no to exactly.

I thought he'd be shaking the ornaments off our Christmas tree, but for whatever reason, he hasn't laid a hand on it. It could be that he recenlty broke an ornament in Pier 1 and learned his lesson from that, who knows, but we've been grateful.

We still don't have our house up for sale, but a move to Houston is still in the works. We should be putting our house up for sale this month, but who knows. I've decided I'm not too big of a fan of corporate America and their inability to tell me where I will be living this next year :) We'll keep you posted though!

Here are a few recents pics....Merry Christmas from the Smiths!


This one is from Thanksgiving! Grayson was very excited to play in my sister's dryer. The sad thing is both my sister and I could both fit in it too :)


Brad did a great job hanging out lights without breaking anything! We also inherited a beautiful "JOY" sign from my parents, which adds a nice touch.






Here is Grayson in his Christmas sweater, something that is only cute at this age, and should not be worn by 40 year old men at office parties :)


Grayson got to open a few presents at Thanksgiving with my family since we will be with Brad's this year for Christmas...presents including his first set of legos and a tri-cycle....of course he still had the most fun with the box.


And he loved putting that bike together with his Daddy!

1 comment:

The Roberts' said...

you blogged!! im so proud. i love that you clarified your religious beliefs. &, josh has been on the hunt for a gaudy christmas sweater for like 3 yrs now, so watch out if he ever finds one his size :-)